Pedofur is a service ran by me, Raccoondad, that hosts websites I find to be beneficial to MAP activism, child abuse prevention, child exploitation material prevention, or victim support.
Services hosted under pedofur aren't exactly 'ran' by me. Many platforms are designed for specific people/communities in mind and I may not give as much input compared to something like the original pedofur website (which is directly written by me)
I still do moderate these platforms and its best to contact me with administration problems.
I am willing to help host free of charge, however I have semi-strict policies:
- The hosted service needs to have some kind of beneficial service to MAP activism, child abuse prevention, child exploitation material prevention, or victim support.
- Examples would be:
- A website that helps digest information about MAPs to non-MAPs for people who wish to come out to family or friends
- A website that details how domestically abused children and teens can find shelters, transportation, and protection services in their areas
- A website that details how to anonymously report illegal child abuse content to the police in major countries
- A website that lists victims accounts of their abuse and how they cope with the situation
- You should have some kind of credibility, I may deny hosting if I cannot trust you
- If I don't know who you are, I may deny a service or heavily restrict the types of services I would provide hosting for.
Things I won't host
- Anything I find creepy, immoral, offensive, abusive, or illegal
- Yes I will define these however I want, but to give a general idea:
- A website talking about the 'attractive properties' of children would be considered creepy to me
- A website made to expose personal information of others would be considered abusive
- A website made to advocate for the legalization of child abuse material would be considered immoral
- A website that breaks US law would be considered illegal...obviously
- Anonymous user generated content based services:
- I don't like hosting or moderating them. Its too much for me and its out of the scope of pedofur. Abuse is very easy on these services and I would rather have a controlled environment with what is hosted under pedofur.
- Services that are not English-centric...maybe
- It really depends on a lot of factors. RU MAP Wiki was accepted since I had a trusted moderator. I simply just cannot moderate a platform or website as effectively when its not in English.
I may reject a service proposal for a variety of factors. Such as lack of funds, lack of time on my end (I am a single person currently, with some support), discomfort with the proposal, it violating one of my rules, or other reasons.
I expect that if the service is a platform like Mediawiki that you do you part in making sure to only allow trusted users to join and to moderate their actions. I take this very seriously.
You will receive a Tor and I2P mirror with your service, assuming it plays well with mirroring.